You still get a lot of whitemail or faxes?
These mostly directly result in PDFs attached to a ticket in Zendesk already.
Current situation (without OCR)
- An Agent in 1st level opens up the attachment, since there is no detailed info about the content within the ticket subject or description.
- It turns out that this ticket should be forwarded to 2nd level.
- 2nd Level again starts by opening the attachment.
- During high backlog times it's hard to find "bombs" which were submitted via whitemail or Fax because it's not possible to search.
OCR procedure in Zendesk
- Ticket is created in Zendesk containing an attachment (like before)
- Ticket is sent to helpdeskapi.com to be parsed
- Helpdeskapi.com parses the PDF attachments and adds the first or first 2 pages as internal comment to the ticket
- Triggers on the ticket can now route/priorize/categorize the tickets directly in the background
- Ticket i.e. skips 1st level and saves time
- It's possible to search for attachment-content using the standard Zendesk search functionality
Video showing routing of handwritten Text in Zendesk